Voice over Internet Protocol technology makes it possible for people to make phone calls over the Internet and it features one major benefit: It is more cost effective then landlines. VoIP technology, as it is more commonly known, generally saving users between 30 to 50 percent on their phone bills.
In today’s economy many businesses are still struggling and they are looking to save money anyway they can. So it seems like switching to VoIP would be a no-brainer for businesses in this position, right? But are businesses embracing this technology in order to save money, or are they hesitant to make the change?
A Move Toward VoIP?
A recent study says that businesses have not turned to VoIP technology as much as you’d think. Even so, the same study also says that this appears to be changing. Based on research from Heavy Reading, about 31 percent of installed business lines in North America were VoIP-based in 2011. What’s promising, though, is that Heavy Reading predicts that this figure will increase to 66.6 percent by 2015. Heavy Reading also predicts that by 2015 just 33.5 percent of business lines will consist of traditional circuit-switch versions.
Businesses are Switching to VoIP
So, the study shows that the amount of businesses that will use VoIP will double by 2015. Currently, traditional circuit-switch phone lines constitute 68 percent of business lines in North America. So by 2015 will there actually be such a dramatic change? This is hard to say but as people get more educated about the advantages of VoIP it is probable that business owners will make the shift in the next few years, even if it’s not as fast as the Heavy Reading study anticipates.
A Bright Future for VoIP and Business
VoIP technology, while lowering businesses phone bills, provides voice communication that is just as clear as any landline. Employees won’t have to change any of their habits to use this service. They’ll simply have to make phone calls as always. The future of VoIP in the business world looks to be a bright one!
Introduction to Wi-Fi Security from High Standards Technology
About High Standards Technology, Inc.
We realize how difficult it is to keep up with business technology - and yet your digital data and IT infrastructure are critical for running your small business. At High Standards Technology, we understand the challenges Houston companies face and offer a variety of budget-friendly managed IT services and tech support to help you save time, protect vital data, and use your time more effectively.
- 05/22/2013 Protect yourself by breaking these bad tech habits
- 05/14/2013 Guess which mobile device is hacked the most
- 05/09/2013 Not all LCD computer monitors are created equal
- 05/08/2013 The best hackers won’t let a phone passcode stop them
- 05/02/2013 You can protect your eyes while at work
- 05/01/2013 Time to eliminate the hassle of sharing your screen on a tablet
- 04/26/2013 Protecting your privacy doesn’t have to be hard
- 04/24/2013 Google Reader death proves it: Free services don’t last forever
- 04/17/2013 Not using two-factor authentication? Then you’re at risk
- 04/11/2013 Technology tax breaks can boost your business’ bottom line