Interested in a smartphone that flashes LED lights at you when you have an incoming call? How about a coffee mug that looks like a crayon? Good news. Inventors have filed patents on both of these items. You can even view them online by visiting Google Patents.
The Wonderful World of Google Patents
You may not have heard of Google Patents, but it is quite interesting. It can give you a glance at what the future possibly holds since you can explore patents that are granted in the U.S. There are plenty of serious patents people have filed for, like new ways to give vaccinations. But there are lots of silly ones as well, like an electronic pickle jar game. To find these patents you can simply search for things that interest you in the Google Patents search engine. Give it a try, you will be surprised by how imaginative and out there these creations can be.
Organizing the World’s Information
According to Google, Google Patents is one more part of the company’s mission to organize the world’s information. Google Patents gets its data from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). When a patent is issued in the U.S. it becomes part of the public domain so Google can publish this information. One of the awesome things about Google Patents is the amount of Patents it includes. The service displays patents issued in the United States from 1790 to the present. That’s a lot of data that users can explore.
A Patent History Lesson
The site also provides a fascinating history of technology advancements. You can view Alexander Graham Bell’s 1880 patent for an automatic short-circuiter for telephones or a patent given in 1889 to Thomas Edison for the incandescent electric lamp. If you have not yet visited Google Patents take a look. The site offers a good look at where we have been technologically as a country and where we are going.
Introduction to Wi-Fi Security from High Standards Technology
About High Standards Technology, Inc.
We realize how difficult it is to keep up with business technology - and yet your digital data and IT infrastructure are critical for running your small business. At High Standards Technology, we understand the challenges Houston companies face and offer a variety of budget-friendly managed IT services and tech support to help you save time, protect vital data, and use your time more effectively.
- 06/19/2013 The challenges of Bitcoin payments
- 06/13/2013 The best way to stay in power? Try these battery packs
- 06/07/2013 Surprise! Windows is still the best OS
- 06/04/2013 Not having a cybersecurity plan can hurt your business
- 06/04/2013 Poor Microsoft: A MacBook ranks as best-performing Windows laptop
- 05/29/2013 Microsoft’s new logos: Too simple?
- 05/23/2013 Do you use one password for several sites? Stop
- 05/22/2013 Protect yourself by breaking these bad tech habits
- 05/14/2013 Guess which mobile device is hacked the most
- 05/09/2013 Not all LCD computer monitors are created equal